From: "John Denker" <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2000 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: Speed of Light article

. . .The source starts emitting the
front tail long before it starts emitting the peak of "the pulse". If
your
receiver responds to the front tail, it can respond before the peak
arrives. Given a nice high-Q emitter (so the pulse is narrow in
frequency
and spread out in time) and a nice high-gain receiver, you can
anticipate
peak-arrival by an enormous amount.

As far as I can tell, this "discovery" has about the same intellectual
content as my "discovery" that I can anticipate the arrival of the new
moon
by watching the waning crescents.