Re: dissectible capacitor

Leigh Palmer wrote:

I will suggest that the cookie tin experiment I described not be
attempted by anyone. Today I managed to generate a potentially
lethal charge using only a hand cranked Wimshurst machine.

The danger become real when the energy stored exceeds a certain
number of Joules (does anybody remember how many?). I would
not hesitate experimenting with C=5 pF but would avoid much
higher C. (U=0.5*C*V^2. With V= 100,000 V U=25 mJ).