Re: microwave, RF heating

¶ (1) I thought it was safe enuff, because I was convinced that the olive oil would
absorb, and it's mass was ~ that of one glass. Note that the temp of the glass was near
that of the oil (36 C deg + 21 deg C) an ideal calorimeter! I've never read (oven
instructions or elsewhere) that one should include an absorber (or never operate an oven
mty.). However, I was told this long before I owned one, so when checking house wares for
"safeness", I include a mug of water. That's how I discovered that "melmac" was not
"safe." Not so incidentally, (I pray I'm not repeating) melmac is melamine resin probably
with a filler (cellulose or mineral fiber?). melamine = cyanamide trimer + formaldehyde =
melamine resin, and, therefore, has C=O bonds.

¶ (2) As an experiment, I was only interested in the relative absorption. The diff. in
absorption is greater than the data indicates, as the other glass heated the mineral oil.

bc

P.s. note that in the previous xpt. (dry milk and sugar), wherein I had no idea of their
absorbency, I did include a mug of water.