Low P. Na lamps SOX55W

People!

I wish to thank the person who suggested wholesale electrical supplies as a source of low
p. sodium lamps. I've always wanted my very own ones, so I finally today stopped by ED
Supply. They had six and were quite pleased to sell them at the whole sale price ($26 --
55W Philips), as you said, no demand. Another wholesaler said that he had a supplier --
evidently still bering mfg'd. For any one interested in obtaining them and unavailable
nearby, I'll be pleased to purchase and mail to you .

bc

PHILIPS SOX55W ~ length 16 1/2" D ~ 2 1/2" active length ~ 25" (folded tube) perfect
for large area illumination; interference, Newton's rings, etc. I presume these are self
starting lamps as they contain Ne and Ar to initiate the discharge. at operating temp I
suppose the emission from the gasses is < < 1% of the total output.