Re: photon emission or absorbtion and time

The width of a line measures the "transition time" (among other
things). It is a well-studied topic.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>