Re: Controversial Exam Questions - Not Ohm's Law

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sylvester" <msylvest@SPIN.IT>

I think if you look at the question you'll agree that the other
interpretation (weight is the force that you exert on your support) leads
clearly to answer A.

Except that, as I understand it, (weight is the force that you exert on your
support) is not really what the 'what the scale reads' faction means by
weight--I may be mistaken. My problem would be seeing weight as a force due
to the person. If weight is due to the earth (and sun/moon/planets), the
earth's rotation, and whatever else one wants to throw in, then A can't be
correct because both the weight and the reaction force are acting on the
same object.

Rick