Re: Controversial Exam Questions (WAS: R = V/I ?)

PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu writes:
But what does the graph that accompanies the problem look like?
Regards,
Jack

More detail:

A graph of V(0 to 14 V) ( y axis) as a function of I (0 to 0.25 A)( x
axis). I looks almost linear up to 0.05 A( 1.3 V) but then has a
significant upward cuvature to (0.2 , 12)

Is it my perverse nature to think that I vs. V is the more natural
way to plot this characteristic? Would one drive a light bulb from
a current limited source or a Variac? I know the same information
will be found in both plots, but I usually think of the horizontal
axis as being the place for the independent variable.

Leigh