Re: R = V/I ?

In brief answer to Michael Edmiston, let me say that in all the practical
calculations I do, assuming a constant value of V/I is entirely reasonable
for resistors operated within their power specs, and unreasonable for light
bulbs operated over a dynamic range including their luminous regions. Since
resistance is a useful concept over the range that practical resistors are
operated in (and is not for light bulbs) I will continue to practice *and*
teach this way.

Leigh