Re: R = V/I ?

At 14.01 05/05/00 -0400, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
I used to say it the coefficient of proportionality between the
DOP and current.
From now on I will try to emphasize that
R is a coefficient of proportionality between dV and dI, at any
given I. Is this acceptable?

This dV/dI is, I think what electrical engineers call "dynamic resistance".
Consider the I - V graph for a lightbulb: the filament has a resistance at
some current I, which is (measured or defined?) as V/I. dV/dI is something
else - 1/gradient of the tangent to the curve at the point of interest.

Mark