Pasta-antipasta

Thanks, Mark. I find that my errors are entirely too common. So can I ask,
"If you eat equal amounts of pasto and antipasto, will you still be
hungry?"?

Churlish pedagog supplies free Italian lesson:
pasta: (also) means spaghetti-family food made from flour dough (as in
English word "paste")
pasto: another word for a meal (as in English word "repast")

The "appetiser" course comes before the meal and so is called "antipasto".
"Antipasta" is a common though understandable error. "Ante" is the Latin
form of the prefix. It has evolved to "anti" in Italian.

Mark

Mark Sylvester
United World College of the Adriatic,
34013 Duino TS, Italy.