Re: Runge-Kutta

I've always pronounced it: Run Gay, Koo Tuh, but that's because I never
asked anyone else, nor did I know their complete names. Now that I see the
complete names, I suspect that Runge is more like Run jay. I'll just blame
it on "East Texas" accent...(In other words, don't take my sense of
pronunciation seriously). Karl

Can someone please tell me how to pronounce the following:

Carle David Tolme' Runge

and

Martin Kutta

Are both names German? It is the Tolme' which is confusing -- looks
French or Spanish -- for that matter the other given names don't ring
German either. In any case is it "Run-ga" or Roon-ga" or what?
Likewise is it "Cut-a" or "Cute-a"?

I realize few Americans can pronounce German correctly, but maybe I can
come close. Tutor me please.
Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk Phone: (512) 471-4152
Physics Dept, Mail Stop C-1600 Demo Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin Home Phone: (512) 264-1616
Austin, Texas 78712-1081