Re: cosmology and quantum gravity

Thanks Jack and Mario. The deal with gravitons makes
a lot more sense now. I'm still not completely
comfortable with a black hole's mass inside the event
horizon (at the singularity as Jack noted) having
gravitational effects on objects outside the event
horizon. Though not gravitons, it seems like
*something* must be crossing the event horizon, even
if that something is only information. I think I
recall being taught that information cannot travel
from within the event horizon to outside of it.
What's going on here?

Zach