Re: Student question/trioboelectric series

Since I do not find the word "triboelectric" either in Brittanica or
Webster's, I would ask the student what it was that he was referring
to. Could it be that the subject is "triboluminescence"?
Regards,
Jack

But it does appear in Physics textbooks, see e.g.

Intermediate level
Harnwell, Principles of Electricity and Magnetism

Introductory Level
Lea & Burke, Physics: The Nature of Things

and others (but it isn't ubiquitous in US Physics texts)