Student question/trioboelectric series

ChavezCL@aol.com writes:
Mr. Ken Fox,
My name is Christopher Chavez and I am a senior at Central High
School in
Phoenix, Arizona. I am enrolled in an AP Physics class and recently we
came
across the triboelectric series. Unable to explain its organization, my
teacher has asked me to research this topic. I found your chart that you
have on the web and later discovered your email address. My question is:

What is the theoretically accepted model that explains the
triboelectric
series?

I thank your for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Christopher Chavez
ChavezCL@aol.com

I am sorry I do not know the origin of the list. I put it there sometime
ago, a reprint from another's list. I will forward your message to them
and see if they can help. I will also send this to a couple of Physics
teacher lists to see if we can get some help.

Ken Fox
AP/IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School, CO