Re: Fresnel Lenses

I'm beginning to think there are two types of critter that go by the name
Fresnel.

There are. The other, as you have pointed out, is the Fresnel zone plate,
useful also as a device for doing monochromation by focal isolation*.
There is also the Cornu spiral which has as its components the Fresnel
integrals. There should be another, the Fresnel-Arago bright spot, but
Poisson usurped that without even trying, and Fresnel has been very well
treated in eponymy anyway.

Leigh

* Some time ask me about using a Fresnel zone plate to make a satellite
receiver antenna.