Re: non-potential voltage

How about considering Voltage to be whatever is indicated by a Voltmeter?

However, now I am no longer sure what words to use. I cannot say I am fond
of John calling this "voltage" because I still view voltage as a slang word
for electric potential difference. I have never seen a definition of
voltage that does not tie it to potential difference. Am I missing
something here?

Until someone comes up with something better, I am inclined to use induced
emf, although I agree with those who don't like the word "force" that is
implied by emf.

Chairman, Science Department E-Mail
edmiston@bluffton.edu
Bluffton College