Re: green laser question

Yes it can. It's been awhile since I have done anything with lasers though
so I can remember the mechanisms involved. I'm sure someone else on the
list will help out.

At 11:36 AM 4/13/00 -0600, you wrote:
Can Helium-Neon be made to lase at other than the usual wavelength?

The Sargent Welch catalog has a green laser (550 nm) that they claim is a
solid state diode laser (this makes sense to me). But the company that
makes it, Metrologic, has a similar picture in its catalog but specifically
claims (twice) that it is a green _He-Ne_ laser. Somebody is confused, and
it could be me.

Thanks,
Larry

Allen Shotwell
Chair, Science and Math
Ivy Tech State College
Terre Haute, IN USA
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read." - Groucho Marx