Center-of-mass system

I checked over an exam question written by a younger colleague, who used
the term "center-of-momentum system." I objected, saying it could be
"center-of-mass system" or "zero-momentum system" but not
"center-of-momentum system," which sounds nonsensical to me.
Checking with other faculty I found two other young faculty who liked
"center-of-momentum system" and preferred it, telling me it was common, and
two older faculty who considered it an abomination and only really liked
"center-of-mass system." All four of these faculty are researchers more
than teachers in their interests.
Comments?

Laurent Hodges, Professor of Physics
12 Physics Hall, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011-3160
lhodges@iastate.edu http://www.public.iastate.edu/~lhodges