Re: Inductance

I agree with Fred Lemmerhirt. I would like some more explanation from John
and Leigh.

I always have taught that "voltage" is just a slang term for "potential
difference." If that's not true, I need to be educated.

I may disagree with Fred that we should reserve emf for things like
batteries. I understand emf as a term used for anything that can supply
electrical energy from some other energy form. Inductors qualify because
they can create a potential difference and supply energy to a circuit from
their collapsing magnetic field. When the inductor's magnetic field is
growing, we are in the "recharge" phase, and when the magnetic field is
collapsing we are in the "discharge" phase.

Am I viewing this incorrectly?

Bluffton College
280 West College Avenue
Bluffton, OH 45817