Re: active learning for special relativity

His nom de plume is J. Terrell, and he was at Los Alamos in 1959.
The article is (I think*) J. Terrell, Physical Review 116, 1041
(1959), though I thought it was later than that. There is another
Terrell paper worth looking at on the clock paradox: J. Terrell,
Il Nuovo Cimento, May 1960, pp 457-468.

Leigh

* Found by using Alta Vista anthe search string <"J. Terrell" &
Relativ* & rotation>: http://www.anu.edu.au/Physics/Searle/Commentary.html

Leigh, do you have a reference to the Terrell article? I have been
looking for this for some time, but didn't know Terrell's name. I
tried a web search on Terrell, and found that this may be the most
common name in the entire South--several hundred hits, mostly
genealogical, but none that mentioned relativity.

Hugh