From: phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators
[mailto:PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu]On Behalf Of Hugh Haskell
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 3:49 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: active learning for special relativity

Leigh, do you have a reference to the Terrell article? I have been
looking for this for some time, but didn't know Terrell's name. I
tried a web search on Terrell, and found that this may be the most
common name in the entire South--several hundred hits, mostly
genealogical, but none that mentioned relativity.

Hugh

Jack was referring to Terrell rotation, a (now) well understood
result. Gamow was writing before Terrell published his Phys Rev
article and enlightened us all.

Leigh

--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

Let's face it. People use a Mac because they want to, Windows
because they
have to..