Re: X-Ray vision

Pardon me for a comment which is off the subject. I know that magnetic
fields can penetrate the envelopes of solid-state gamma detectors with
devastating results. If you plan an experiment which involves a large
magnet be sure to shield your detectors very well ! Please don't ask me
how I know this; recounting the loss is painful. WBN

dwillard@MAIL.CENTRAL.STPAUL.K12.MN.US 03/31/00 02:34AM >>>
No. The Meissner effect is a DC effect anyway. Do you suppose
that superconductors can thwart Superman's x-ray vision?!
(Before you ask, Kryptonite is not superconducting.)

Don't know about superconductors. Lead can thwart Superman's x-ray
vision.
It can also protect him from the effects of kryptonite.

Digby