Re: Astronomy Software

Does Starry Night Pro allow you view the solar system in a geocentric
pattern. In other words view from a point in space perpendicular to the
plane of the planets, with the earth stationary.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. You can view from a fixed point
in ecliptic coordinates. You can also view from a point fixed on
Earth at an altitude of ten astronomical units. If you do this at
the north pole that might give you what you want.

I have trouble with the phrase "a point in space perpendicular to
the plane of the planets". Along what line perpendicular to the
plane of the Earth's orbit do you wish to view? How do you wish
to render the Earth as stationary?

Leigh