Astronomy Software

We've probably discussed this before, but with new versions appearing it
might be time to ask the question again. What's the best astronomy
(planetarium) software package out there? I've always liked Starry Night
(is that you cited on the box, Leigh?), but I've heard that the latest
version of Red Shift is so much better than its predecessors that it is
worth a look too. What are the pros and cons of each package? Or do you
select the textbook first and use whatever software comes with it?

Thanks,
Larry