Re: Current in a wire

Another analogy is a long pipe or stick. Suppose L= 2 m
and one end is very close to your body. I push the stick
toward you at v=0.01 m/s. Does it take dt=L/v=200
seconds before you feel my push? Not at all. Why not?
Ludwik Kowalski

William Beaty wrote:

Net-charge can move across surfaces at nearly c, even though
the charged particles which create that net-charge might move
at speeds on the order of cm per hour, and can even move in
the opposite direction compared to the motion of the net-charge.