honor codes

I hope this isn't too off-topic, but does anyone have
any experiences to share about honor codes? My
school is thinking about changing to an honor code
system. A recent study by Donald McCabe at Rutgers
shows that whether a school has an honor code is the
main variable that has a big effect on the prevalence
of cheating. However, we have some concerns about the
practical implementation of it, especially since we're an
urban community college where many students
only feel a weak sense of identification with the
school.