Re: Advanced Lab Books

Does anyone out there have a favorite book for advanced labs? I'm not
looking for specific experiments, but background on designing experiments,
error analysis, how to keep a lab notbook, etc.

I ran the course last year without any specific reference book, and found
it difficult to get the students to follow good lab practice without
something to point to to say "this is how it should be done."

Thanks,

Tim Folkerts

I like "Expts in Modern Phys" by Melissinos and "The Art of Expt Phys" by Dietz.
Wolfgang