Re: Simple radio signal

The easiest way to get a simple radio reciever is to buy the cheapest
transistor AM receiver.
ck

DEFINITELY. Now how to we get a cheap transmitter that will send a
resonably polarized signal and how to we make a cheap AM receiver
into a polarized receiver?

I suspect you will find that cheap transistor radios are sensitive to
polarization. The ferrite core antennae* used in such receivers are
most sensitive to magnetic field changes oriented along their axes.
Such radios are highly directional. You can listen to either of two
AM stations on the same frequency just by nulling out the undesired
station by orienting the radio.

Leigh

*known as "ferriloopsticks"