Re: Goal Oriented Physics Activities

Tony Wayne:

A special project that I used with my students was to build sort of a
"roller coaster" using kabobs sticks so that a marble will take exactly
5.00 seconds to travel from the top of the structure (about 12 inches
above platform) to a specified ending point. The structures must be
built in a 12 in X 12 in piece of wood. Then, the students made a small
written project explaining the physics they needed to use to reach the
goal. Students did a great job in building the structure and explaining
the physics. They were very creative!