Re: Advice on teacher education?

Here in Texas an upper level certification in a field is for grades
6-12. I would certainly prefer that middle school teachers in this
state have as much subject-specific education as they can stand so
if/when they get a high school job, they won't be undereducated.

On the other hand, I think it wouldn't be bad to make middle school
teachers get a handle on being good eyes and ears for the social workers
:( Seems that middle school has its own particular problems that way.

How are the certifications divided in Ohio?

--
Keith Tipton
Lubbock, Texas