Re: ...yeah, its better to get the students "prepped" for a test they

At 1:50 PM -0600 3/6/00, Jack Uretsky wrote:

The only such studies of which I am aware are the Terman "genius
studies" (validating "IQ testing" as predictive of future career
"success").
What we are left with, to the best of my understandin, is
measurements of correlations between teachers and performance on tests
like the FCI. This seems like data-taking just for the sake of
data-taking, and the long-term implications are left unknown.

Did the Terman study begin as 'data-taking just for the sake of data-taking'?

If NOT, how did it differ from PER?

britton@academic.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936