Re: Laws and Theories (was Creationists)

Regarding Jack's comment:

More precisely, evolution is neither theory nor fact nor law.
It is a framework for understanding the evidence of the "past" as that
evidence accumulates.

Could you please distinguish the concept of a 'theory' from the concept
of "a framework for understanding the evidence" for me? To my way of
thinking the latter phrase nicely defines the former term.

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu