Re: EPSILON_ZERO, OK ?

At 4:35 PM -0600 3/3/00, Jack Uretsky wrote:

Sorry, Hugh, but the Maxwell equation divB=0, which works for
current induced magnetism, explicitly excludes monopoles. Monopoles,
as Dirac pointed out in a classic paper, occur as a source term for
divB.
Regards,
Jack

whoaaaaaa now. Just as soon as monopoles DO show up we can quickly
'fix' Maxwell's equations by adding this source term for divB.

An interesting exercise is to THEN identify what SECOND addition must
be made the Max's equations in order to retain Cons. of Energy.
Without this SECOND addition, I can use a bucket of monopoles to make
a neat Perpetual Motion machine that outputs tons of free energy!

britton@academic.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936