Re: ...yeah, its better to get the students "prepped" for a test they haveto take than for them not to

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barlow Newbolt" <NewboltW@WLU.EDU>

..yeah, its better to get the students "prepped" for a test they have
to take than for them not to learn anything. What we must not do is
confuse these sessions with a balanced presentation of the intellectual
content of some subject. And we must not use the scores to evaluate the
knowledge of the student nor the effectiveness of the teaching.
WBN

Barlow Newbolt

Exactly! This is why I worry about the reliance on the FCI (Force Concept
Inventory) test to prove anything and everything about Physics Education
Research.

Rick