From: "Herbert H Gottlieb" <herbgottlieb@JUNO.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2000 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: PSEUDO-SCIENCE ? (rambling but not long)

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:33:22 -0500 Bob Sciamanda <trebor@VELOCITY.NET>
writes:

I cannot quarrel with this statement. I only want to give due to
the achievements of a much earlier (and too unsung) scientist:
Archimedes.

Wasn't he the one who is credited with the scientific explanation
of air pressure by pronouncing that "nature abhors a vacuum" ???

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we remember that Archimedes made great
discoveries by displacing water in his bath tub)