Re: PSEUDO-SCIENCE ?

John Denker ended his valuable comments with this:

Where I work, a computer scientist who spent "a year or two"
learning Pascal or Java would be fired. Somebody who took
a week or two would be embarrassed. A day or two would
be more like it.

What is the name of this institution, and of this department?
I was referring to ways in which computer science is seen by
busy teachers, not by those who practice it professionally.