Re: PSEUDO-SCIENCE ?

Well one does need to understand that 'Computer Science' is not just leering
a current language. People study data structures, information theory, and
I'm sure lots of other stuff. You can always study the actual processor
functions (sometimes called Machine Language) which while they evolve from
chip to chip continue to retain some core commands. And as Dan says,
learning one computer language really does make it easy to move to another.
I started with Fortran back in 1965, learned the various Basic dialects
(True Basic still being my favorite language), found I could code C without
much problem, could debug student Pascal programs without really knowing any
Pascal, but have never caught on to C++. Learning any of these teaches the
fundamentals of communicating with the computer and bending it to your will
(although I must confess, it does seem like its the other way around at
times.)

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Associate Professor of Physics