Re: The Cavendish experiment

I can only invent answers. For example, is our planet empty
inside? The mean specific density of 0.1 could be used to support
the hypothesis. Or does the stuff inside have higher specific density
that that of common rocks, etc.? The answer was yes.

Joseph Bellina wrote:

There was an intellectual reason for wanting to know the density at the
time, but I don't recall what it was. Can anyone suggest why the
interest in the density?