Re: What Hath Einstein Writ?

A proper statement of N2L (Newton's 2nd Law) should reflect time
rate of change of the rectilinear momentum (not just F=ma), i.e.

( _ __ ) ( )
( \ |_ ) ( d P )
( - ext) ( d t )
( )4 ( )4

It would seem that a proper relativistic treatment should retain this
classical feature or Albert may spin smartly about his longitudinal axis.
The real question in both SR and GR is how to best include this classical
feature while adequately explaining features that only significantly
appear at relativistic speeds or in a domain in which the gravitational
field is high(er). This is the real challenge! It is the origin of the
search for a proper metric which may Unify all.