Re: Funding for NSF Education Programs

Like many of us I got this note from "participants" and I intend to write my
senators and congressman.

HOWEVER: I think that one of the problems that need to be addressed by the
NSF is the programs themselves. I suspect that the number of grant proposals
has gone down because these programs are VERY hard to write for. I had not so
many years ago written a successful laboratory instramentation grant and found
that it was easy to write for within the stated guidelines. Recently I have
been thinking of submitting a new proposal (for sharing education resources
including office hours between small CC's and high schools) but found it
imposible to fit it into any of the criteria and essentially gave up on the
idea.

Personally I think the programs need to be rethought out.

David Emigh