Re: Quartz/Halogen incandescent bulbs

Mea culpa -- I have confused breech and breach. It's breech that originally meant to
smell.

bc

"Bernard G. Cleyet & Nancy Ann Seese" wrote:

I suspect that the tungsten fluoride bond requires a very high temp. to
disassociate. (The electronegativity is only 2.3, though.) At what temp., for
example, does the NaCl bond (much greater electroneg. diff.) break?

My dict. ('49) reports both a transitive (to make a breach in) and in. ("thar she
blows!"). Did C. B. just misspell?

bc

P.s. The original meaning was "smelly."