Re: Entropy: quenched disorder is entropy

Regarding Barlow's addendum:

..addendum to last post. I guess a part of what is confusing me is
that I thought the probability of any particular arrangement of cards in
a deck is the same.

If no particular sequence is specified and no other information is
given by which one could bias the probabilities, then, yes, in a
Bayesian sense, the probabilities of all sequences, are the same.

It shouldn't matter (in my view) whether the cards
are all arranged in order or not--they are in some order and that is all
that matters.

This, too, is the position of Leigh and me--but not John.

Differences in probability arise when we as questions
like: What is the probability that the first four cards in the sequence
are black? This does not seem to be what you are talking about?

True. We are not talking about that.

David Bowman
David_Bowman@georgetowncollege.edu