sig. fig. etc.

Of course, you are right Jim. You can teach the details of
experimental statistics if you wish and do it right. The only
point that I was trying to make is that I do not believe that a
universe of three measurements will support statistical analysis
of any kind and that we are "selling the Brooklyn Bridge" if we
pretend that it can. WBN
Barlow Newbolt
Department of Physics and Engineering
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450

Young man if I could remember the names of all of
these particles I would have become a botanist
Enrico Fermi
Telephone and Phone Mail: 540-463-8881
Fax: 540-463-8884
e-mail: NewboltW@madison.acad.wlu.edu