Re: convert light into energy

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Chuck Britton wrote:

At 11:49 AM -0700 2/2/00, Shawn Knudsen wrote:

Help me here. In the same context, power is not a thing neither?

No, we just pay $$$$ for energy. It isn't 'real'.

But then $$$$ isn't real either. "The Onion" recently had a news story
(reprinted below) that makes this point pretty convincingly.

AOL Acquires Time-Warner In Largest-Ever Expenditure Of Pretend
Internet Money
DULLES, VA--In the largest merger of imaginary assets in corporate
history, Internet giant America Online last week acquired media
megacorp Time-Warner for an unprecedented $161 billion in pretend
money. "This merger will revolutionize the way invisible amounts of
non-existent cash are transferred," said Steve Case of AOL, a company
whose actual revenues are a tiny fraction of its make-believe
valuation. In an effort to keep pace with AOL, website
blairwitchproject.com is expected to acquire General Motors sometime
later this week.