Re: Something to keep in mind!

I hope I'm not that far above average. If average
students are ignorant of most of these things, perhaps
we need to add all this discussion to the "grade
inflation/dumbing down of modern culture" thread,
rather than listing it as a "we're getting older"
thread. A fact that I don't think was discussed fully
on that thread: today almost everyone goes to college.
Society might not be dumbing down, it's just that a
University is no longer an elite sample. I'll do my
best to buck the trend. Up with intellectualism.

Zach Wolff

--- Peter Schoch <pschoch@NAC.NET> wrote:
Zach,

I teach Physics, computers, and "guest lecture" in
humanities and
freshman seminar. This list appeared on our campus
early last Nov. or
so and we did a survey of our students to see if it
was correct.

Over 90% of the students confirmed the surveys
findings. Now, do you
want to attribute that to our being a community
college, or to you
(Zach) being a bit above average? I don't know
which, but I do know
that our students are woefully undereducated when it
comes to
"historical" issues and perspective.

Peter Schoch
Sussex County Community College