----- Original Message -----

From: "Ludwik Kowalski" <KowalskiL@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>
Robert A Cohen wrote:

... If the purpose of the lab is to verify theory,
then using a simulation is circular in my opinion.

True. Simulations belong to problems solving methods, not to
laboratory activities. Like with any other problem, a person can
ask somebody else to solve it or s/he can do it personally. To
solve problems with computers students must know how to
program. Using a program written by somebody else is not
a substitute.

Interactive Physics is an narrow-minded expert. A great
expert to ask questions and to learn from answers. It often
helps those who already know physics. It was not created
to replace laboratories.
Ludwik Kowalski