Subject: physics first?
Author: "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators"
<PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu> at internet
Date: 1/20/00 2:30 PM

is considering the shift to "physics first." This means

trying to present a meaningful physics course to freshman students
who have some exposure to algebra, but generally not geometry, and
certainly not trig.

If you have any experience with this approach and have an opinion, or
a reference to research, please let me know. What topics would be best
suited for such a course? What problems might we anticipate? Thanks
for your input. (I have been away from phys-l for some time, so if
there has been previous discussion of this topic, please let me know
when and I'll check the archives.)

-Sheri Donovan

New Trier High School

Winnetka, IL