Re: virtual labs

IMHO...virtual labs are sick, sick, sick.

Rather than creating a virtual reality, why not visit your local elementary
school, get some FOSS kits, duplicate their trivial contents, and help your
students get operational definitions of their "real world"? Besides, why
would a "tech college" not have "tech apparatus"? Karl

Friends and neighbors,
I have been re-enlisted to teach Physics at a 2-year tech college. There
are no lab facilities. We have extensive computer holdings in relatively
large rooms with servers available. I am prposing to set up a virtual lab
utilizing the computer facilities. I'd like to set up about 13 experiments
for the semester. Any clues on available software, reliable resellers,
experiences by others in this situation, or even words of support and
consolation will be most gratefully accepted.
Thus far I am looking at Pintarmedia and Interactive Physics.

E.C.Muehleisen