Re: long distance office hours...help

Another possibility that I have begun to explore for online realtime help
is using the "synchronous communication" possible with a MOO as well as
the better known "asynchronous communication" of email. I have worked at
bringing a MOO online at Bridgewater College. It is mainly used by the
English department, but several others of us are exploring the edges of
its use.

Our present version is powered by the enCore Xpress engine and has a web
interface. Thus an instructor can create and link to webpages which might
be drawings or other sites. You can logon as a guest (no password
needed) to the BC-MOO at:
http://www.bridgewater.edu:7000
If you want to make certain that someone else is in the MOO when you
visit, drop me a line, and I will try to be there when you plan to be
there.

Has anyone else tried a MOO?

Richard
Dr. Richard L. Bowman
Chair, Dept. of Physics e-mail: rbowman@bridgewater.edu
(and Dir. of Academic Computing) phone: 540-828-5441
Bridgewater College FAX: 540-828-5479
Bridgewater, VA 22812 http://www.bridgewater.edu/~rbowman/