Re: A (NOT!) urban legend

One of my professors told a story about a High Energy Physics conference
where he was sitting next to Murray Gellmann and Feynmann was talking about
partons. During the the whole talk Gellmann is going on about what are
these partons? He is talking about making a big fuss about it during the
whole talk. My professor not wanting to get involved in the "fight" between
these two Physics giants just keeps saying I don't know. Part way through
the talk Feynmann stop leans over to Gellmann and says " Murray, they're
quarks." At which point Gellmann says "Why didn't you just say so to begin
with."

dave